Scented Geraniums Have Glorious Perfume

 

Scented Geraniums Have Glorious Perfume

by  | Nov 19, 2013 | Anya's Garden Perfumesnatural perfumeraw materials of perfumery | 2 comments

Scented geraniums have delicate, beautiful flowers that also carry the scent of the particular variety

Scented geraniums have delicate, beautiful flowers that also carry the scent of the particular variety

I was delighted that several scented geraniums I planted last spring survived the hot, humid Miami summer. Pelargoniums are native to the high desert of South Africa, so they like it on the dry side. I just planted a dozen varieties so they can grow during the winter, and I’m looking forward to distilling and tincturing them come the Spring harvest. Did you know that these beautifully-scented geraniums often have gorgeous flowers? 


The flowers are delicate and heavily scented also. I have attar of roses, bourbon, musk, several lemon types, almond, and some wild cards just for curiosity. I had a professor in Syracuse who had a 20-year-old scented geranium in his office, and I’ve grown them successfully indoors when I lived in the cold north. 


I recommend you try them, they’re addictive!

2 Comments

  1. I love scented geraniums!

    Reply
  2. Rae Lynn, I got to know and grow a lot of scented geranium when I lived in CA, but when I moved to Oregon and discovered a nursery with 140 varieties, I thought I died and went to heaven, lol.

    xo,
    Anya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?