Perfumed, Edible Galangal Root Harvest in Miami

 

Perfumed, Edible Galangal Root Harvest in Miami

by  | Jan 28, 2014 | Anya's Garden Perfumes | 1 comment

galangal harvest

Have you ever had Thai food with galangal root? Have you used the galangal root essential oil in perfume? I can say yes to both. This ginger relative really spreads in the garden, and I had a wheelbarrow’s worth dug up the other day. Anybody in the Miami area that wants some, let me know. Love the pink/salmon sprouts of new growth, it’s very decorative. Smells and tastes beautiful. A bit hotter than ginger, and indispensable to Thai soups.

 

1 Comment

  1. Anya – I am reading this +1 year but looking for Galangal today, actually (1 Feb 2015) to take out to Kenya with me – I leave tomorrow and a friend has made a very last minute request that I bring some!! If you have any please email me at lmcpherson@cricons.com and I will come pick it up – thanks – Laura

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?