Ask the Perfumer Sunday March 15, 2020

 

Ask the Perfumer Sunday March 15, 2020

by  | Mar 15, 2020 | Anya's Garden Perfumes | 6 comments


Yellow ylang ylang flowers turn the tincture green, and get darker with each recharge. The scent is very, very strong! Beautiful

Yellow ylang ylang flowers turn the tincture green, and get darker with each recharge. The scent is very, very strong! Beautiful.

Hi Everyone!
I’ll be here until later today, early evening, to answer your questions about perfumery, natural perfumery, to be exact. If you post late, I’ll get to your answers tomorrow.

6 Comments

  1. I have studied holistic and clinical aromatherapy and am now studying botanical perfumery. I am big on safety issues and proper dosage. How do I deal with these issues in perfumery? For example, could a pregnant woman use my jasmine perfume if it’s a 15% dilution? What about using phototoxic citrus oils in topically applied oils or perfumes? I don’t see this information in the books I have. Speaking of books, your book on homemade perfumes is beautiful and useful and I’m so glad I got it!

    Reply
    • Hi Catherine

      It would be unethical for me to give advice to another school’s student, I hope you understand. Some of your questions are answered in my course or in articles I’ve written. But for aromatherapy safety, again, go back to your teachers for this advice.

      Sincerely,
      Anya

      Reply
  2. I’m so happy you are doing this! I love your book and learned so much in your Basic Level perfumery course. I look forward to following the posts here and continuing to benefit from your expertise.
    Thank you!

    Reply
  3. Thank you for doing this Anya. It is a much needed service! What are you using to tincture the Ylang Ylang? Is it straight ethanol ?

    Reply
    • Hi Charle-Pan
      Yes, 190 proof sugar cane alcohol.

      Best, Anya

      Reply
  4. HI Anya!

    Is is too obvious of question: how to capture sea salt aroma?

    Keep well,

    Evelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?