Anya’s Garden Perfumed Morning

 

I’m so thankful for the assistance of my apprentice Paula Diaz and Jimmy in renovating my front garden. Edged, mulched beds full of fragrant flowers and leaves look so beautiful, and the plants are so healthy now with proper care. I’ve had some really poor gardeners wreck part of my gardens in the past few years, but Paula and Jimmy have helped undo the poor pruning, weed control, and other afflictions the poor gardeners imposed on my fragrant environment.

This is a photo of what I see when I look out my front door in the morning. It’s hard to get the flowers and plants all in focus, due to the light and dark shadows, and the depth of field setting. I fiddled with the settings until I got this long shot, and I’m happy with it, and I hope you enjoy it.

You’ll see a mulched area next to the frangipani. They had to clear out some damaged jasmine sambac “Maid of Orleans”, and it’s now awaiting roses and more gardenias. In the cooler winter months, I’ll have a lot more turf removed out front, and extend all the planting beds. I can’t wait!

Here are some photos for you to enjoy. I wish you could enjoy the scent of the huge jasmine grandiflorum vine by my front door. It has hundreds of blossoms each day! You can click on the images to enlarge.

Anya's front perfumed garden

A long shot of what I see from my front door.

The Tahitian Tiare Gardenia is still dewy.

The Tahitian Tiare Gardenia is still dewy.

Ylang flowers ripen at different rates, so harvesting is carried out in the morning and at night, for months on end. There are numerous clusters like this all over the tree, providing a huge harvest

Ylang flowers ripen at different rates, so harvesting is carried out in the morning and at night, for months on end. There are numerous clusters like this all over the tree, providing a huge harvest

The flowers typically grow in deep shade in the interior of the tree, nestled under huge branches with huge, sheltering leaves. This cluster is on the east/morning side of the tree, and is a little more sun-loving.

The flowers typically grow in deep shade in the interior of the tree, nestled under huge branches with huge, sheltering leaves. This cluster is on the east/morning side of the tree and is a little more sun-loving.

Vietnamese gardenias are so architectural, I love them!

Vietnamese gardenias are so architectural, I love them!

And that’s what a hot, steamy morning in Anya’s Garden is like! I just wish you could smell it live, but rest assured, many of these flowers make it into my perfumes.

2 Comments

  1. Your garden is lovely – I can’t even imagine how good it smells. Thank you for sharing your pictures.

    Reply
  2. Your garden is such a nice “voyage”!!
    Thank you for sharing and bravo to Paula and Jimmy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?