A New Edition of Kewdra Perfume From the Mystery of Musk project (2010)

 

A New Edition of Kewdra Perfume From the Mystery of Musk project (2010)

by  | Mar 2, 2014 | Anya's Garden PerfumesMystery of Musk project | 1 comment

Exotic Kewdra perfume from Anya's Garden was made as an homage to the main character Kudra, from Jitterbug Perfume, a wonderful novel about perfumery.
Exotic Kewdra perfume from Anya’s Garden was made as an homage to the main character Kudra, from Jitterbug Perfume, a wonderful novel about perfumery.

An update on the progress of the Perfume From Your Garden book: Yes, it’s Saturday night, and I’m writing. Going in-depth about ultrasonic extractions, both for tincturing and infusing. I’ve also been playing with my perfumery supplies, too, and just checked on my latest edition of Kewdra, my heady, lusty perfume honoring Kudra, the heroine of the book Jitterbug Perfume. The spelling is slightly different from her name because I use the kewda flower as the top note, so I combined them. Anyway, I’m dazzled by this latest edition, which will be ready in a week or so, and so I doused myself (1 ml, tops!) and I’m Kudra for a day. Here’s a fun graphic I made to illustrate Kudra when the perfume was released as part of the Mystery of Musk project in 2010.

Kewdra was launched in 2010 I had someone buy out my remaining stock of Edition #2 over the holidays, so I then made Edition #3, which will be released on the Full Moon, on March 16th, 2014. It’s a complex, heady perfume, and needs time to age, and it is very difficult to filter, due to the CO2s in it. This edition will be slightly different from the first two: I use an accord of several vanillas, including the last of an absolute I got in 2000 from Diana Dianna Pierce when she had Inner Sanctuary of Healing – a great supply house! The vanillas aren’t sweet, they’re just yummy, yummy, yummy!

Make sure you’re signed up for my newsletter because I’ll announce the Kewdra sale there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?