Anya's Garden Natural Perfumery Institute - Basic Natural Perfumery Course

Is 2012 the year you will take the big step and enroll in natural perfumery studies?  Since 2005, I have witnessed the phenomenal growth in the number of natural perfumers and the integration of them into mainstream perfumery.  Many reviewers now say that they will judge a perfume on its merits, not whether it's composed of all-natural ingredients or contains synths.  This is a huge step for us natural perfumers, because in 2005, the opposite was true.  Natural perfumes have come a long way in being accepted on one major criteria: they smell great.
I began teaching basic perfumery in 2007, because members of the natural perfumery group I host on yahoo demanded it of me.  It was good they did, because I had not shared 30 years of accumulated knowledge since I started studying the art.  
I had started a natural perfumery line in 1991, Anya's Tropical Essences, and in 2006, I launched Anya's Garden Perfumes. The perfumes were lauded for sophistication and professionalism, when many natural perfumes were dismissed as "hippie headshop" poorly-made perfumes.  You can read reviews going back to 2006 here.  I haven't updated the reviews section since 2009 or so, except for awards my perfumes have garnered, because, frankly, there are just so many!  This is not bragging, it's just a statement of fact. Besides running the Natural Perfumers Guild, my perfumerie, the 2200+ member yahoo group and being an always-present instructor for my students, I just haven't had the time.   A surfeit or riches, to be sure.
It's been a long time since I've blogged about my course, and this year is a turning point.  So many have expressed such regard for my basic course, I put off the Intermediate level course.  Many of the certified perfumers have booked time with me for individual lessons at the Intermediate level, and have progressed beautifully in their perfumery skills.
My course has been called the most dynamic, comprehensive perfume study course available online (and also for distance learning.)  I will be blogging more often about various aspects of the course as I refine and redefine the next step, the Intermediate level.  Eventually, I hope to have most of the information on my course catalogued here for perusal by the prospective student.
This is a portion of the table of contents for Module Two from my Basic Natural Perfumery Course. This is the supplemental portion of the module, meant to give the student a good foundation in topics associated with the art.
The breadth and depth of this information helps the student in many ways, from talking to other perfumers to knowing the sources of the natural aromatics they're studying and all of the issues and opportunities around them.

2.1: Sources of Aromatics
Natural Sources of Aromatics
Botanical
Animal
Soil
Sourcing and Purchasing Aromatics
Aromatics Sold by Weight or Volume
Methods of Aromatics Production
Wildcrafted
Organic
Organic Certification
Conventional
Constraints on Sourcing Aromatics
Threatened or Endangered Crops
Sustainability

http://perfumeclasses.com/1year.htm
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?