CaFleureBon really hit a nerve with their recent post on phobias - and how aromatherapy can help

I was honored that Editor-in-Chief Michelyn Camen asked me for my professional opinion on how specific essential oils or absolutes can help alleviate phobias.  I have studied aromatherapy enthusiastically since I first obtained Robert Tisserand's book The Art of Aromatherapy in 1979.  I was fascinated with the theory (followed up by clinical practice trials) that the beautiful oils I loved could help all sorts of medical issues.

I submitted information about vanilla, lavender and neroli, which is orange blossom. 

Then I noticed not many men were leaving comments on CaFleureBon.  I think men hide their phobias, don't you?  Do they have a phobia about asking for directions? LOL.  That is a common complaint of the women who accompany men on road trips. Here's one I never heard of - Arachibutyrophobia - fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.


Just some silliness to break up the monotony of the day.  My contribution to helping some men get over to CaFleureBon and leaving a comment, so that they may be in the running for the CalmSpace prize:  If you leave a comment now, after 8 PM EST, USA April 19, I'll pick a random name and send you a few samples of my perfume that I know have calming, aromatherapy effects, like Temple, Pan and Amberess.

Comments

  1. Hey, so where are all the men? My man loves it when I wear anything citrus--a grapefruit-scented hand cream is currently on his top of the pops. He also loves vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... men asking for directions is like women NOT asking for directions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men will never ask for directions! Proven fact!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?