What type of perfume blogger are you?


Actually, this test can analyze your blog personality, perfumer or not. I found this fun bit of time-wasting silliness floating around the 'net. Supposedly based on the Myers-Briggs Personality system (which has classified me as a Field Marshal in lengthy tests I took a few years ago.) Maybe I'm mellowing with age. Probably not, but truthfully I guess I have little patience for time wasting, although my silliness meter is often set pretty high. So I'm a "Doer" aka an ESTP. The image of a teenage dribbler for the Doer is pretty silly, actually, but I'm game. Get it - game? OK, so here's my profile:

The active and play-ful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities.

The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.

How to tie this in with perfumery? Well, I'm a firm believer that a perfumer must have a solid grounding in logic (thinking) and sensing which this graph describes as order, habit, details. That's how I create perfumes and how I teach it. You can't spell or write if you don't learn your "abc's", and if you start out by being a feeling or intuitive perfumer, you'll create mud. Every time. Or, say you hit upon a nice accord or series of accords you feel are "pretty" you'll repeat them time and time again. I've seen this time and time again. The artistic perfumer is a thinking, logical perfumer with a some intuition in the mix and some feeling for the process.

Just as with writing - your left hemisphere must be engaged or you'll write gibberish. I'll bet this test finds the majority of bloggers are mostly left hemisphere in their analysis and writings, otherwise well, you'd have gibberish, muddy blogs. It's like some who take a phrase I put out there - alpha brainwave mode for creation - and get it all wrong. The silly part of me kind of enjoys it when I see it repeated incorrectly. It's kind of like seeing somebody skim the cover of a book or magazine you write and they have the intent and content incorrect and pass it off as 'the word." Yes, that's just plain silly.

And the Field Marshal in me is saying "back to work, or at least thinking about work!" - LOL!

Comments

  1. I am anything BUT a "doer" and I get that myself. Then again I am amazed the test produces the results in nanoseconds, so I gather that the mere notion of keeping a blog is considered being a "doer", LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear H, various bloggers checked in with me, and there was a "Performer" and several "Mechanics". I think there was one other designation, can't remember right now.

    I think the words are all they look at, not the context, so the nanosecond bit could work. Anyway, a bit of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun it is! And thanks for providing the link :-)
    Also thanks for elucidating there are indeed other categories as well. I wonder now...(shall I have an existential crisis now? LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boxgasm - for perfumers, aromatherapists, bath and body manufacturers, chandlers. What the heck is a boxgasm? Well, read below and you may have one.

Ask the Perfumer Sunday Oct 21, 2012

Contest: Fresh ginger, fresh ginger, wherefort art thou fresh ginger?